Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Working Through an Injury

Roseann:

My leg is feeling much better today. I iced and heat packed it yesterday, and took Ibuprofen, and also used an ace wrap to support it. It worked, as I was walking much better with just a hint of a limp. I didn’t go to the gym today, but was able to get a little exercise in.

We have a sugar maple tree that has died, and yesterday, a large limb fell, right in front of our living room window, luckily missing it. We were concerned that more larger and dangerous limbs would fall down with the wind, so my husband took a chain saw and cut a lot of the lower limbs off. I was “picking up sticks” today. I was cleaning up the large heavy limbs, and dragging them to the compost pile, piling up the smaller logs for our outdoor fireplace, and using the wheelbarrow to haul away the smaller debris. I took my time, walked carefully, (my leg was wrapped with an ace for support), and did very well. I know I got a little cardio exercise as I was sweating and my heart rate was up (the heat had something to do with that), plus I was using a lot of arm strength to carry the heavier logs, so I feel good that even though I didn’t go to the gym, I had some form of “exercise” today. I promise though, I will take it easy.

I have something I have to do at the school tomorrow morning, but plan on going to Planet Fitness afterwards, to see if I can do a little workout on the circuit without doing the step portion. A little something is better than nothing, but again, I promise to take it easy and not push myself too hard.

My diet was not “bad”, but because I did not log any exercise, my calories were a little over. (Remember that pizza I had a few days ago? Well, I ate those other two slices, so it was a lot of calories for lunch) I had a light dinner, but I don’t feel bad, as I know that I did have some exercise, so in reality, my caloric intake and output were about even.

We had our conference call today with Lisa Cavallaro. It was good. It was about support, recognizing how others support us, and learning how to be self-supportive. To take what we know about how others support us, and reverse that, and support ourselves. We tend to be our own worst critics, so this is just the first step to self love. We recognize that we are doing this program, because we want to make a change for ourselves, and when this program ends, the change needs to continue. So, instead of relying on others, we are learning to trust and love ourselves enough to be our own best supporters. Thanks Lisa for being part of our support system.

Remember to love yourself, and love your heart. Eat well and exercise, and you too will find your Better U!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment