Thursday, July 26, 2012

Exercising Outside and Single Servings

Roseann:

It was an absolutely beautiful day today. My husband, my friend Cindy, and her husband Mike, went climbing on Stockbridge Falls, and then Cindy and I walked the long creek bed from my house, to the Falls, (about 1 – 1 1/2 miles). Even though we didn’t get our heart rates up for cardio work, our legs and feet were sore from walking against the current and balancing on the rock bed. It was good exercise, and it was great scenery, especially when we rounded a corner, and there was a beautiful doe drinking from the water!

Yesterday, Cindy and I made our own trail mix at Wegmans, and split it up into individual servings in snack bags. We ate some after our little hike. It was so good, and I was so glad we had already divided into a serving size, because I could have just kept on eating it by the handfuls if I hadn’t!

Even though I made a healthy dinner, I was over in calories today. I’m not too worried, as I know that I probably burnt more calories than I documented.

Feel like I am doing well, in spite of being busy, but give a lot of credit to my friend Cindy for supporting me, and walking with me on this journey during this week. She and I have learned a lot together this week, and we are both so excited about the positive changes in our lives! It made it so much easier to get through this with a partner.

Will probably get back to the gym in the next couple of days.

Had Kefir smoothie this morning, it was a little strange “drinking” my yogurt/probiotic, but it tasted good, just have to get used to the thickness. Also had my mint chocolate chip Luna bar this morning. It tasted delicious! It held me fairly well in the morning, and I didn’t get hungry until a couple of hours later. Felt like I was eating a candy bar instead of a protein bar. They are good alternatives for breakfast on a busy morning, or as a snack in between meals to avoid overeating. If you have never had one, you should try it!

Pedometer read 13,000 steps today. Had to wear it differently while walking in the creek, so not sure of the accuracy yesterday or today. Still feel good that I have been able to stay above 10,000 steps every day though.

Hoping you had a chance to get out there and enjoy the beautiful day!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment