Monday, July 2, 2012

Staying Focused for Week 2

Tecora:

Watched what I ate all weekend. But was very unproductive exercise wise. Today is a new day. Have gotten a lot of supportive words this morning from family and friends. FOCUSED!

Beth:

Everyone looks forward to the weekend -especially in the summer! But I was actually dreading it last week! Weekends to me are for having fun and usually eating out a few times. Eating out it hard when you're getting healthy. Sure, there are always a few healthy choices on the menu, but it's not just fat you keep in mind, it's sodium, portion size etc.
If nothing else, we'll save money during this challenge! We ate home all weekend and that allowed me to continue making healthy choices. We did eat lunch out on Saturday because I was out of town at a hockey tournament with my daughter. I ordered grilled tilapia. And a side of vegetables (no extra butter or salt!) Yes, I wanted nachos as an appetizer and I definitely wanted the chocolate/peanut butter pie for lunch but I want to be healthy more! I had to ask the waitress to take the bread basket off the table - too much temptation!

Weekends to me are always family-time too. I had already decided that I would not go to the gym on Saturday or Sunday. Since I had worked out four days in a row, I took Saturday off. Sunday, we wanted to get outside and enjoy the great weather so we spent the afternoon hiking Chittenango Falls. This is not something we would normally do because I wouldn't think I could do it. Instead of avoiding the challenge, I tok it head on! We hiked for well over an hour - with lots of rests -and it was a perfect day! I enjoyed being with the family and working out without being inside the gym. Plus, it burned a ton of calories!

I can trade eating out for being healthy. I'm OK with making that sacrifice. Eventually, I will get to a point when I can start going to restaurants more often and making good choices, but I want to be really good and jump-start my success.

Starting week two today and I'm more motivated than ever! I wore shorts yesterday that have always been tight on me and uncomfortable to wear but I buttoned them with room to spare. That moment of looking in the mirror and not having the button dig into my belly was the best feeling and drives me to want to continue.

Happy Monday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment