Thursday, July 19, 2012

Healthy Choices in a Tough Situation

Roseann:

It was quite a change today from yesterday. I was able to walk much smoother, with less discomfort. I had to go to work this morning, and was moving, moving, moving, getting everything prepared, and then coordinating the physicals. My leg felt really tight afterwards, but decided to go to the gym anyways to try to get some kind of exercise in. I worked on my abs for a little while, and then I thought, why not try the elliptical, just to see how it feels. I got on very hesitantly, and went very, very slow. It didn’t seem to effect my leg at all, so I went to a steady pace and did well. I only went a mile, burned only 124 calories, but it was enough to get my heart rate up, and feel like I was productive. You will be proud of me, I did not push myself. I am learning! LOL

My husband and I are car people, (as I had indicated previously, we will be participating in the Syracuse Nationals this weekend), we went to a car show this evening in North Syracuse. If any of you have been at a car show, you know that they sometimes have food vendors, and they don’t exactly offer the most healthy choices. I was concerned about what I was going to do, when I saw a gentleman eating a Subway sandwich. I inquired around, and found out there was a Subway just across the street, so my husband and I had Subway for dinner. Well, that was an awesome choice. My calories were low enough all day, that I decided to treat myself, and I did. I had a small amount of soft serve vanilla ice cream with peanut butter topping. Well, it was a lot of calories, but because I was good earlier in the day, I only went over by about 31 calories. But not really if you included the almost 400 calories I burnt walking around. Can you believe I took 16,000 steps today! Wow! My largest number yet. Just you wait though, the Nationals are coming, and I know that I will be walking a LOT, so we shall see just how high the count goes!

Today was the start of my husband’s vacation, so we will be very busy this next week and a half, enjoying being together, and having our dearest friends with us starting tomorrow night until Wednesday. Excited and very much looking forward to the next few days. I will do my best to keep in communication as much as I can, but know that if you don’t hear from me, that I am having fun, and will certainly let you know all about it. Friday morning is my next weigh in, wish me luck!

So psyched that some of my friends have begun to make changes in their lives too. Have some friends who have begun a Weight Watchers program, and others who are watching their diets, and increasing their activities. How blessed I am to have been a small part of that. Here’s to healthier U and me!!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment