Monday, July 16, 2012

Dedication and a Cheeseburger Craving

Beth:

As week 4 begins, I am more dedicated that ever to maintain this healthy lifestyle. I look forward to working out and I love watching the number of calories I’m burning go up and up! I took yesterday (Sunday) off from going to the gym. My hubby and I did go for a 1/2hr long brisk walk around the neighborhood after dinner and it was nice to connect with him – just the two of us.

I’m always honest though and I’m the first to say that it’s not easy. Especially these last few days I have had ‘PMS’ and I am CRAVING a cheeseburger. A big, juicy bacon-burger with mayonnaise & ketchup... I also want a side of French fries – extra crunchy! And then, an extra thick chocolate milkshake to wash it down…yum!

I’m excited because I’m meeting with our nutritionist today. I desperately need some help in broadening my menu options. I am SICK of tossed salad and grilled meats. I’ll tell you though – this program REALLY WORKS. I am living proof! I stepped on the scale Friday morning and I am down 11 pounds total. I was psyched! That afternoon, I snuck out of work a few minutes early and treated myself to a pedicure! I also stopped at Old Navy and picked up two new tops to wear to the gym. I am purposely not buying clothes right now because my body is changing so much but there is a lot to be said for ‘retail therapy’ so I splurged!

Hope everyone is doing well! And if you find a calorie-free, fat-free bacon cheeseburger – let me know where I go because I would pay an obscene amount of money for that meal right now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment