Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Successes

Roseann:

Friday: I lost 2 more pounds! It may not seem like a lot, but it is perfect, and a healthy weight loss. I am very psyched! I have lost more pounds these past 2 weeks, than I did in 3 months trying to lose weight on my own. Already, I am a success story, but my story is not completed, there is still a lot more of this journey left! I am hoping that I will be able to reach my goal of a 20 lb weight loss by the end of the 12 weeks. A lofty goal, but an attainable one, if I keep up the momentum and not give up! I saw Barb and Anna at Gold’s again today. We are all so excited about some upcoming events. On Tuesday, we will be meeting with a life coach who will give us lots of encouragement and advice, not just for these next 10 weeks, but also for our continuing journey after this program is complete. On Wednesday, 3 of our challengers will be on television. Channel 3 will be interviewing the ladies on the Today in Central New York show. So, please stay tuned Wednesday morning to see our inspiring and motivated challengers!

I worked hard today at the gym. I went to two classes I hadn’t before, and really enjoyed them. They were Group Power and Group Active. They were fun and I loved the weight work in Group Power, and the combination of cardio, weight work, and yoga with the Group Active. Having fun during your workout, makes it so it doesn’t really seem like work, sort of. LOL

Saturday: Well today I was not able to exercise at all. I took my parents to a memorial service for my dear cousin. The trip was long, and we spent a lot of time with family afterwards. The timing of the drive caused me to not be able to eat lunch. I was pretty hungry by the time the service was over, but I did good. I didn’t go overboard. I sampled a lot of different foods. The hardest part about eating other people’s homemade food is that you really don’t know what the nutritional value is of the foods you ate. So, I did my best guessing and just entered all the food in my log, hoping that I was close to the true caloric intake. I made sure though that I kept the portions low. I had to estimate there too (no measuring cup), so I made sure to keep the portions small. I can tell you however, that if you put a serving spoon of food on your plate, that is approximately 1/4 cup. It is about 3-4 forkfuls, but it is enough to enjoy. I even had desserts! That is what is great about this program, I don’t have to eliminate foods, I just have to be careful about the cholesterol, fat, and sodium content. I can eat foods that I enjoy, I don’t have to starve, as a matter of fact, the log that I use yells at me if I don’t have enough calories by the end of the day, all I have to do is watch my portions. That is very helpful to me, so that I don’t gorge on the bad stuff because I am so hungry, and then give up because I feel that I am unable to continue with the diet. That is what has happened in the past. So, even though I didn’t exercise, I still stayed within my caloric limit. Another successful day.

Sunday: I made up for the lack of exercise on Saturday. I was outside doing yard work from 11:15 am to 6:00 pm. I spent a lot of calories and drank a lot of water! I actually drank the 8 glasses of water per day they recommend, as well as the 2 glasses of lemonade I drank during the day, and the glass of milk I had with dinner. So, I hydrated well, and worked a lot! I have a beautiful yard all nicely mowed and trimmed (so does the neighbor), unfortunately, I neglected other chores, so tomorrow I will be staying at home to complete the laundry and do other household tasks. I don’t mind, I only go to the gym 3 days a week, and it is good to switch the days that I go to the gym, so that I can experience different classes and instructors, and meet other motivated and friendly people.

So, remember to watch Channel 3 news Wednesday morning between 6:00 and 7:00 am to see our lovely ladies and be inspired!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment