Monday, July 23, 2012

A Love Affair with Macaroni and Cheese

Beth:

Have I ever talked about my love affair with macaroni and cheese? No, not the homemade kind (don't tell my mother-in-law because I always tell her that hers is the best!) but the Kraft macaroni and cheese from the box. Yep - the one with the powdered cheese. I use extra butter and make it really creamy...I can easily polish off a whole box alone.

Anyway, my nine year old was begging me to make it for her today but I was worried - can I be strong and not eat her left-overs?? I made turkey burgers (no bun) and a big tossed salad for dinner but that wasn't cutting it for her. I can't blame her - she's very active and has been missing these white starches as much as I have.

So...I did it...I made her a box...just like I always did "pre-BetterU." I completed my work and then took a bite. Yes...I did have a bite. But, guess what? I STOPPED THERE. That's right. One bite and I stayed strong. I just kept the image in my mind of what I want to look like and there is no way Kraft macaroni and cheese is a part of that lifestyle.

If anyone knows of a way to take the sodium, carbs and calories out of that little blue box - let me know because I would spend a lot of money on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment