Thursday, July 12, 2012

Exercise Plans

Tecora:

Awesome day at the gym. TRX with some of the awesome Better U ladies. Then Elliptical and treadmill. Going to try some different work outs starting next week. Absolutely loved the interview. Awesome representation!!!!!!

Roseann:


Went out to Gold’s again today to do the TRX demo. It was really cool. You use these straps that are tied to a beam and use your own weight as resistance. YOU are the weights, you can work as hard or as easy as you like. But I tried my best to work as hard as I could. The hardest part for me is doing the abdominal work. My core is very weak, and I need a lot of work there. I can’t expect to have a flat abdomen in just a couple of weeks, as it took years for me to create this very large abdominal girth, but if I keep working at it, it will get smaller. And that is very important as it is one of my major risk factors. A large abdominal girth leads to Diabetes, Hypertension, and Heart Disease. It is one of my major concerns. The doctor told me that I have to lose at least 3 inches off of my waist. I know my clothes are fitting better, so am encouraged about my re-measurement at the end of the program. Wouldn’t it be great if I needed a new wardrobe by September? Every girl likes to shop for new clothes, especially smaller ones!

I have to be honest here and let you know that it has been tough for me, going out to Gold’s gym 2-3x/week, as I live 30 miles away from the gym. So, I decided that I needed to change my focus on how to get my exercise, I need to do more on my own, such as riding a bike (hubby is going to get my bike out tomorrow and make sure it is all set to ride), take more walks, and move, move, move. I also decided to go someplace a little closer to supplement my workouts (but this is not necessary for everyone, just my choice). I went to Planet Fitness yesterday, and got a basic membership. Planet Fitness is only 7 miles away, so it is much easier on the gas bill. I appreciate the staff at Gold’s gym, and they have been so good to me. I will probably only go out there 1-2x/week and try to maximize my time there by doing as many classes as possible while I am there. And by going to Planet Fitness more often, I can maximize my benefits. But you need to remember that you don’t have to go to a gym to get exercise. You can do lots of things at home to burn calories. You can walk, ride a bike, get an exercise video or exercise ball, and exercise right in your own living room. You don’t have to spend money to get healthy. By making healthier choices, eating smaller portions, and moving more, you too can make changes in your life.

I also purchased a pedometer. I bought it late yesterday, so only had done 4,900 steps by bedtime, but I am looking forward to seeing how much walking I will be doing on a daily basis. The goal is to do 10,000 steps a day. Next week is the Syracuse Nationals, and my husband and I go every year, all three days. I had always wondered in previous years how many miles we walked, as my feet would be aching by the time each day was finished, now I will know!

Hope you got a chance to see Sonal and Laura today on Channel 3, they did fantastic!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment