Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day Success

Suzanne:

Well I'm off to a good start on week 2! The 4th of July was pretty easy to deal with, after working 12hrs I really didn't feel like eating much! I went to the gym for the flex trexx demo on Tuesday, it's a class that works every muscle in your body... even muscles I didn't know I had! I get to meet with the nutritionist on Monday, I'm looking forward to that! I just can't get down the fact that when you workout you need to eat more. That's something I have to work on! I'm off to the gym today for a little cardio and hopefully I will run into one of the other participants to join me! I hope all of us continue to stay on track! Together we are all heading for a better life style!


Roseann:

I can’t believe that I actually was able to keep under my calorie goal for the day! (Because I exercised, my calorie intake was increased, so it allowed me to eat 1700 calories instead of my 1400). It was very hard to truly determine if what I was entering in my food diary was accurate, as most of the food I ate this July 4th was homemade, and had no clue what most of the ingredients were in the salads. But, I made sure to not eat a lot of any one thing, and since I ate late in the afternoon, and filled up enough, I did not need to eat dinner, which helped. You should never skip a meal, but sometimes the timing of your picnic is just late enough, that you don’t need to eat dinner, and that is how it worked out for me. I have learned that you should never eat too late, as your body tries to turn that into fat stores, so made sure that I ate well enough, so that I wasn’t hungry during the evening. It was a fantastic day with lots of friends, laughter, good food, and good times.

Going to be home doing projects and chores on Thursday, and back to the gym on Friday. Hoping to get some more classes in. Looking forward to my weigh in Friday morning to see how much I lost. I know that my clothes are fitting better, so I know progress is continuing. So exciting!!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment