Monday, July 16, 2012

Inspiration from Others

Barb:

Comments from the CNY BetterU Program Participants are both interesting and inspiring! Roseann, you are very creative and motivated in your approach to getting fit. Your ideas about freezing lunch portions and preparing food ahead are so good too.

This week we had a substitute instructor for both the "Aqua Fit" and the "Silver Sneakers" programs. Each instructor approaches the exercise routine in a different manner. I felt so good that I learned new exercises from both. I have muscles I wasn't even aware of. It was fun!

Today, Saturday, my daughter, daughter-in-law and I enjoyed dinner out at a restaurant.and I am proud of the food choices I selected--a green salad and a baked potato with very little butter. At home I ate an apple for dessert. One of my goals is to reduce my LDL cholesterol. I am finding that eating smaller portions at mealtime and adding healthy snacks two times a day results in avoiding overeating at any one meal.

In Week 4, I am looking forward to attending another session with Lisa Cavallaro, a therapist, who is generous in giving her time to us once a week.

All the best to my fellow BetterU program participants as we all strive toward our individual goals to become more heart healthy

Barb Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment