Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sucesses, Inspiration, and Different Choices

Roseann:

Well Friday was weigh in day, and I was very nervous because I had injured myself earlier in the week, and had not put intensity into my workouts. But I kept moving, and it turns out, like I have said before, you don’t have to go to the gym to exercise. Because, I lost 4 lbs! Yes, you heard it right, 4 lbs, for a total of 12 since I started this program! I was happily surprised! We had friends come over on Thursday evening, to stay with us for a week. We went out to Denny’s after the first day of the Syracuse Nationals, and made a not so good choice for dinner. I chose the Brooklyn spaghetti and meatballs. The good news is, I only ate 1/2 of it. Lisa Cavallaro had spoken to us about how we don’t need to feel obligated to eat what is served us at restaurants. We can choose not to eat it all. I have always felt that I was being wasteful, but as she said, what is more wasteful, wasting it on the plate, or wasting it on our hips, to have to work harder to remove later? Not to mention how unhealthy that is for our bodies, to force it to process more than it needs. Thanks Lisa for that very smart advice! Since I have lost over 10 pounds, the online program myfitnesspal, had me recalculate my goals according to my current weight. Therefore, my caloric intake has dropped by 80 calories. So, my challenge has become a little more challenging! I told you I would be walking more, well, I walked 19,000 steps on Friday. Wow!

On Saturday I ate a little better, I was below by 51 calories by the end of the day. I didn’t walk as much due to having to work at the Nationals, and I sat more than I wanted to, so my steps were only 17,000 but still a good amount. I love being a positive influence on others. My friend Cindy who is staying with me, is also now on myfitnesspal and is watching what she eats more attentively. It makes me feel so honored to have helped to change others lives. Because for every person whose life you touch, there are many who are affected by that person’s change, and it just grows exponentially from there. My hope is that we can be an influence on changing the statistics. We women need to be healthier and fight this terrible disease. It starts with you, and by making a simple choice, you too can make a difference in your life, and others.

We slept in on Sunday, so my steps were even less than before, but still over 10,000, it was just over 12,000. I was really tired from all the weekend activity, so I rested later that day. We went to Dunkin Donuts that morning, and before we went, I looked up the nutritional information on their foods. I was shocked to see that a plain chocolate covered donut is the same caloric intake as a turkey sausage egg white flatbread! It is 10 calories less, higher in fat, but has 1/2 the sodium! So, depending on what you need to be watching, even the healthy choices can be not so healthy, depending on what it contains and how it is made. I was naughty and had two donuts that morning. I did however, stay within my caloric goal. Phew! Don’t misunderstand, the egg white flatbread is a healthy choice, but you really need to be attentive to everything, not just the calories. There is a lot of hidden sodium in foods, so please read your labels!

Monday I was busy, busy, busy, and can’t really tell you how I did diet wise, because we lost power on and off, and did not complete my diary online. But I know I did well, because I was good about my choices. I went to the gym and did the circuit, man that felt so good!! I hadn’t visited the gym since mid week last week, and I was so happy to get back there. I walked a lot, and wore my pedometer during exercise, so I did well, over 16,000 steps.

Tuesday, I don’t know if I will get to the gym. I have so much planned Tuesday with the program, and then afterwards with friends, that I don’t know if I will be able to get there. But, as I have said time and time again, I will just keep moving. I have the telephone conference at noon, and our Wegmans tour at 3pm, and lots to do afterwards, so I don’t think moving will be a problem!

Hope you are doing well, making good choices, moving more, and encouraging your female friends to change their lives.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment