Friday, July 6, 2012

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Roseann:

Had a wonderful day today cleaning at home. My exercise for today was lifting boxes, sweating in a small room with just a fan, and walking, walking, walking. Needed the day off. Have been working very hard at the gym these past two weeks, and didn’t want to get burnt out. My muscles were a little sore from all the previous hard work, but moving helped to dissipate some of the aching. Tomorrow, I will be going back to the gym to participate in some classes I have not previously attended. Looking forward to working out again.

Tomorrow morning I will be weighing myself again. Looking forward to finding out how much I have lost. Even 1 pound is success. Sometimes we want to see success quickly, and that is one of my greatest faults. I have always been one of those people who is impatient, and gets discouraged if I don’t see immediate results. I usually do well in the beginning, but then get discouraged when I hit a plateau. But I am hoping that this time will be different. Having the support of my fellow challengers, the personal trainers, and my friends and family, has really helped me to believe in myself, and believe that this time, I can accomplish my goals.

One thing I have learned from my trainer, is that weight loss needs to be in small increments. When we lose weight too fast, we tend to put it back on just as quickly. It has been fairly easy so far, but she warned me that the closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it will be to lose the pounds and inches. But, by then, the exercises will become easier, and the focus will change. Meanwhile, my focus remains to keep my calories low and balanced, to minimize my fat and cholesterol, to drink plenty of water, and keep exercising. So far so good.

We all know the story of the tortoise and the hare, well, I need to stop being the hare, and remember that I am the wise and patient tortoise, and slow and steady, wins the race...

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment