Monday, July 30, 2012

Mondays

Beth:

Mondays…yuck!

It was especially hard this morning – up at 5am to get ready for an appearance on WSTM – CNY Central. I was interviewed by Lisa Spitz regarding my progress with the program (watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SByolia5N-8). It was a great conversation and will hopefully reach some Moms out there (like me!) who will go to the American Heart Association website and check out the BetterU program. If I can do this – anyone can!

Weekends are by far my biggest challenge in terms of making healthy choices. I had family in on Friday and we celebrated my Uncle’s 50th birthday with a delicious cake from Wegman’s…marble cake with whipped cream frosting and fresh strawberry filling…I couldn’t resist. So I had one piece – not a huge piece but I enjoyed every last bite. It’s all about moderation, right?

I didn’t go to the gym on Saturday – instead I did a walk/run around my neighborhood Saturday evening which proved to be wet and miserable. I didn’t work out as long as I would have liked, but it’s better than nothing!

Yesterday I did cheat and had two slices of pizza and about 4-5 chicken wings. I probably should have had a smaller portion or maybe avoided the meal all together, but it was delicious and I was craving some junk food.

I think I can be successful in this program and still indulge in some occasional junk food. I feel great when I eat healthy and I love watching the numbers go down on the scale but I don’t think I will ever stop loving pizza and wings! Moderation, moderation, moderation!

No comments:

Post a Comment