Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cooking Healthier

Roseann:

Experienced the Fit-Trax demo at Gold’s Gym today. Wow, was that intense! Could feel my core working very hard. I like the diversity of Gold’s Gym, they have so many different classes and forms of exercise that you can pick and choose from. This is one program that I choose not to do. It was a bit much for me at this point in my journey. It would be good though for those who have more exercise experience under their belt, and are a little more heart healthy. They guarantee results, and I know now why! Looking forward to going back to the spinning, sculpt, and yoga classes!

Will be doing the circuit tomorrow with my personal trainer, and will be joining Beth. It is so much more fun to work out with a friend. Makes you feel better to have someone there, encouraging you along, especially when it gets really tough!

Some of us are using a program online to calculate calorie intake and burning. The program allows us to also calculate the nutritional value of foods that we make homemade. I made a sweet sausage stew today. My husband’s favorite. I was able to insert all the ingredients, and find out just how many calories I was consuming per serving. That was just so cool! It is great because homemade stews and soups are so much better for you, especially if you use low sodium ingredients, don’t add salt, and use other spices to enhance the flavor. I made it, and felt so good to know that I had created a meal that was so very healthy right in my own kitchen. Can’t wait to make more! I am ecstatic that by just changing a few ingredients, you can make meals that you love, that are heart healthy too!

I have noticed that my clothes feel as if they are fitting a little better. Look forward to seeing just how many inches I lose on my waist when this program is complete! I have two pairs of jeans that I am hoping to fit into shortly. I will be dancing for joy, the day I do! Hope you are moving more, and feeling better like me today!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment