Friday, July 13, 2012

Changing Recipes

Roseann:

Went to Planet Fitness today. It was great! I did some cardio on my own, and then met their personal trainer. He sat with me, and asked me all kinds of questions, and set up a plan and schedule for a program, specific to my needs. I started with their "circuit" today, and it was just as much fun as at Gold's. They had a couple different machines in the circuit, it also had cardio stations similar to Curves, and it was a great complete body workout. It was also nice being home in about 15 minutes after my workout instead of 45 to 60!

I said yesterday that I knew I was losing abdominal girth because my clothes were fitting better, but today, there was no doubt!. I put on a pair of shorts that used to fit comfortably, not too tight, but not too loose, and thought that if I didn't have the hips I do, they would fall off of me! I told my husband that by the time I am done with this program, I will definitely need some more clothes!

I was thinking about my diet and how I can plan more. I started already this week by opening up a can of tuna, and splitting it into 5 servings, and putting them into containers for lunch. It made it really easy today, when I came home from the gym, I made a sandwich lickety split. Prior to the program, I was already starting to eat "better" by taking soups to lunch for work. I decided today that I would make my own homemade soups and freeze them in single servings for lunch once I go back to work. That way, I know they are low in sodium, and are healthier for me. I am also going to start looking for recipes for low sodium soups and stews, and if I find a recipe that I like but that has too much sodium, fat or cholesterol, I will see how I can change the recipe, so that it is more healthier. I did that this evening with dinner. I cooked instant mashed potatoes, and did not add salt or butter, and used skim milk. They tasted just as good, I added a small amount of butter and a pinch of salt to taste, but used much less than I would have. I even stayed within my caloric intake! Please feel free to share your recipes.

I didn't do 10,000 steps as I had hoped, but was close 9,500. We shall see what tomorrow will bring.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment