Thursday, August 9, 2012

What Have You Always Wanted to Do?

Roseann:

I had to go into work today to get the rest of my summer hours in, although I still have much more work to do before the start of school. So, most of the day, I was up and down from my chair at work, but doing more sitting than I would have liked.

After I got home though, I kept moving, with vacuuming, and getting dinner, and after dinner, I went for a brisk walk with the dog. He paces so well, I think he would be excellent to run with! I brisk walked the 5K (I measured it on Google), and there is an intersection 1.6 miles from my driveway. It actually totals 3.2 miles up and back, which is a scant bit more than a 5K. It is ok though, better to be a little longer, than too short. I brisk walked it in 45 minutes. So, I think I will do ok trying to run it. Although I have never been much of a runner, I am going to give it a try. And even though we will be walking the ARC race, this will give me a goal to reach for. Once we do the race in September, then I will keep on running at school and home to keep it up, and maybe next year, I will think about running it on my own or with a friend! This just might be the beginning of a new focus for me. I have always said; “ I can’t run, or I wish I could run, but I just never could”, I am not going to say that anymore. After the last conference call with Lisa, I am changing the way I am thinking. No more negativity, but now, I want to challenge myself. Why CAN’T I run? Who says I can’t? What is stopping me? I may just find out that it is more fun than I thought. But, I won’t know until I challenge myself. So, here I go! Thanks Lisa!!

It was funny that I was very hungry after I got home from work, and after dinner, I discovered that I was needing to eat dessert to get enough calories! It was fun actually needing to eat more, than struggling to not eat too many calories! I will have to make sure that I have some good healthy snacks available at work, so that if I get hungry in the afternoon before dinner, I can eat a snack and then I won’t pig out at dinner time. I need to balance the calories throughout the day, instead of eating a lot of calories at night.

So, what have you always wanted to do? Run a race? Go back to college? Start a hobby? Whatever it is, challenge yourself. Stop thinking about what you can’t do, and start focusing on what you CAN do, once you decide to do it. Find your barriers, overcome them, and go do what you want to do!!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment