Thursday, August 2, 2012

Celebrating Non Scale Victories

Anna:

I love using MyFfitnesspal program and the friends that I have made are so motivating and encouraging for me. One of the things that they talk about on there is being able to celebrate your non-scale victories. This is done because this journey is about about more than just what the scale says. This is about getting healthy. I know that many people have shared with me this week that they haven't gotten on the scale as they are afraid of what it will say or that they are frustrated it hasn't gone down. Well, sometimes it does stay the same but for me I say Yippee because at least it hasn't gone up! :)

Here are some of my non-scale victories-

I actually filled up my donation bin and got rid of a lot of clothes that were to big on me.

I am getting stronger as I can lift more.

Also yesterday I did over 27,000 steps which was a new high.

I actually lasted 40 minutes on the arc training machine which is longer than before and when I began it was a struggle.

You may have someone say to you this week-Hey, you look great have you lost weight?

Whatever it is that you can do today makes you closer to your goal of a healthier you. So make sure to take time to celebrate your non-scale victories and remember every step puts you closer to a healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment