Monday, August 13, 2012

Running Away from Home is Easy

Roseann:

Written Friday: "Well, this morning was the first morning I stepped on the scale, and it did not change. It didn’t go up or down, it was the same. And I am not sad or angry or disappointed. I feel too good to feel that way, and I know that I am doing great. So, I remain at 16 pounds and 3 inches lost, and I’m moving on. I’m not looking back, but looking forward to what the next few weeks brings. Thanks Lisa!"

Later after I wrote this, I found out my mother had been hospitalized. So, the rest of the day was unproductive in terms of exercise. I had a good nutritional day, because in spite of having to eat at the hospital, I still stayed within my calorie range. Actually, I was a little under my minimal. I hadn’t had my second meal of fish for the week, so I was seeking out a fish meal. All they had was deep fried beer battered haddock, so I had that, some green beans, and a slice of apple pie. The healthiest meal I could find there!

Saturday was a better day in terms of exercising. I had some items to put into storage, which is only 1 1/2 miles away from our house, and on the way to my daughter’s apartment. I had to babysit, so I used my granddaughter’s stroller to transport the items, dropped them off at the storage unit, then picked her up and we went back to my house with the stroller. And then of course, I was busy with her for a few hours. So, needless to say, I got my exercise. My calorie intake was over because I made some cube steaks, but they needed to be eaten, so it was a nice treat!

Sunday was the first day of my so-called “training” for the 5K. Well, I couldn’t do what they suggested because the terrain was undulating and not flat on a treadmill. Except for the hill that I have to initially climb, it is mostly downhill going away from my house. Unfortunately, it is mostly inclined and uphill going back, so it is so much easier to run away from the house, then to run back. So, I did excellent with the initial running which I ran for over a mile before stopping! Then it was run/walk, run/walk all the way back home. I had to listen to my body, and if and when I felt short of breath, or dizzy, I walked until I improved, and then ran again, until the next time I needed to stop. It worked well for me, not to mention, I couldn’t see the readout for the stopwatch in the daylight, so it was fruitless to try to do it the way they said online, by running for 10, walking for 1 and repeating. When I started out at the front of my driveway, I started my stopwatch, and when I returned, I stopped it. My time for 3.2 miles was 28 minutes and 42 seconds. Not sure if that is good, but I think instead of running and walking they way they instruct online, I am going to try to run as long and as often as I can, and maybe look to improve my time each time I run. So, instead of following the internet’s idea of training, I am going to train myself by just trying to push and improve myself each time. It is semi-measurable, but I will know if I am improving if I run more than walk each time, improve my time, even if it is just seconds, and be less short of breath, and more consistent each time.

I walked again to pick up my granddaughter, so I did very well on exercise yesterday. Not to mention, my very active granddaughter kept me moving! Because of my exercise, I was able to eat more calories, so I had spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. YUM!

Going to the hospital today, but I am going to exercise this morning before I go, and pack my lunch, so I will be more apt to eat healthy. Hoping the stress is not going to effect my body, and that the exercise and good eating will help me get through this stressful time.

Hoping you are all living well.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment