Thursday, August 30, 2012

Failure is Not an Option

Anna:

I received the following text "F.I.NA.O" but had to admit I did not know what it meant. Then I showed it to my daughter and after a standard eye roll and laugh she told me "Mom, it means Failure is NOT an option!". My friend was encouraging me by telling me that this time around I was going to succeed as failure was not an option. I kept pushing forward and as of today I have lost another 6 pounds but more importantly I have lost many inches! I am building muscle and I feel great! I am full energy, healthy and happy.

This is no small feet considering when I applied for this challenge I was desperate because I was overweight and I knew it. I wanted to get healthy but I didn't know how to get there and I was extremely frustrated. Then the call that changed me life-"You have been selected to be a part of the better U program." Yeah! Since then I have learned healthier eating habits, some great workouts, made some great friends, and probably walked many miles but each one has put me closer to the goal. I will always be thankful to the American Heart Association, St. Joseph's, and Gold's Gym for making this possible.

I feel that if I can do this then anyone can! I am thrilled with the friends that I have been able to share all that I have learned with and all the pounds that they have lost. I am especially happy for my husband who has also lost weight by supporting me in this challenge. So no more excuses get out there and tell yourself that this time around F.I.N.A.O!

You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment