Friday, August 3, 2012

A Scale Success and Healthy Rewards

Beth:

I still can't believe what I saw on the scale...I actually stepped off, let it go back to '0' and then stepped on again...I really am down 18 pounds! That's the best motivation - seeing those numbers come down!

It's not easy - I won't lie! I miss dessert! I miss Italian bread and butter! I miss bacon cheeseburgers! Sure, our nutritionist recommends a turkey burger on an Arnold's thin...but let's be realistic...there's no replacing a medium rare angus burger with all the fixings!!!

I'd like to reach my goal (30 pounds) before I splurge. A friend reminds me often not to reward myself with food and it's great advice. My first instinct is to go out for ice cream with my daughter and hubby when I achieve a weight goal. Not anymore - when I hit 10 pounds, I got a fabulous spa pedicure and two cute new tops to wear to the gym. A 20 pounds, I'm already planning to treat myself to a one hour massage! Only two more pounds to go until I can experience an hour of sheer relaxation!

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be enjoying our new swimming pool we had installed this summer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment