Thursday, August 23, 2012

Loving the Way You Look and Feel

Roseann:

Yesterday was another day of resting and doing small chores. Rest is very important in-between exercising to allow your body to heal. I did very well with my calories. I was under in all categories. Need to drink more water though, my intake has been low. Averaging about 3-4 glasses/day.

I jogged really well today, and would love to tell you how well I did, but unfortunately I can’t. I have been using my cell phone’s stopwatch, and I put it in my pocket while I jogged. The button must have accidentally been touched while I was running and turned off the stopwatch. I need to find a wrist one or some other kind that won’t accidentally turn off!!

I know I did well, because I increased my pace going away from the house, and let the momentum of the hill going towards the house catapult me into a “run” as I completed my 5K. I am sure that I was a little faster than last time, but can’t verify it. But I know my body, and it felt good. Something kind of cute struck me as I ran. When I was heading back towards the house, I saw my shadow as I was running. For the first time in years, I didn’t feel sick to my stomach or disgusted by what I saw. My profile looked pretty good. I still have a ways to go, but I can’t begin to tell you how good it feels to not be disgusted by seeing my silhouette. I may not look like a model, but I feel good and look good. I am beginning to love myself again, not just on the inside, but on the outside too. You don’t have to be a size 0 to feel sexy or beautiful. You just need to look at yourself in the mirror, no matter what size you are (I am a 14 going on a 12), and love the way you look and feel. I am there now. And it feels so good!!

Can you look in the mirror and love what you see reflected back? If not, what do you need to do to start loving you again? Start the Better U program now, and you too will begin to love yourself more and more each day. You ought to, because we all deserve to feel loved, sexy, and beautiful, because we all are!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment