Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Planning for a Healthier Future

Roseann:

I apologize for not blogging yesterday, but had a very busy day. I ran (jogged) in the morning, did household and outside chores, and then went to take my daughter to her doctor’s appointment. Then we went to visit my mom for just a short while, and then drove home. Unfortunately, I didn’t make it home, my radiator blew AGAIN! We just replaced it 2 months ago, should be warrantied. Had to be towed home. Stressful end to the day.

Did well with my 5K training yesterday. I jogged it in 29 minutes and 34 seconds. As I said before, I am pleased even if I just shave off seconds each time. And I feel great doing it. I know that I am not “running” but I am doing a pace that is comfortable for me, and I haven’t had to stop to walk. I am so proud of me, as I never thought I would ever be able to run or even jog again. I know that I will get better and faster every time. I wasn’t even as sore as before. Now that I can’t go anywhere for a day or two, I will probably run each day, if I am not too sore. I know that you should rest in-between, but if I have the time and energy, why not? Every time I run, I make myself healthier.

My mom being in the hospital has truly inspired and encouraged me to work ever harder to fight heart disease. As you all know, both of my parents have heart disease, and now, my mother has accumulated another heart related co-morbidity that increases her chances of stroke. While in the hospital, she has developed A-fib (Atrial fibrillation) and may have to go back on Coumadin. Her CHF (congestive heart failure) is very unstable, as she had to go for extra dialysis yesterday to remove the fluid that accumulated in her lungs overnight. She is a train wreck, and I don’t want to be where she is, when I am 74 years old! I want to be healthy, moving, and living my “golden” years well!! I don’t want to suffer from heart disease like I have witnessed with my parents. It effects your quality of life, and inhibits you from doing all those things you want to do. And I have so many things I want to do when I retire. I want to travel, and enjoy the time with my grandchildren, and by then, my great grandchildren! I can’t put into words how grateful I am that I am here, given this opportunity to change my life, and make the rest of my days, healthy, and fulfilled!

By the way, today is my parent’s 53rd wedding anniversary! I am grateful that they are still alive to celebrate, and hope that they will be able to enjoy their 54th.

Now is your time too. If you haven’t already started making changes, do it today! Start your journey to a more heart healthy life, and enjoy each day you are given!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment