Thursday, August 16, 2012

Seeing Results

Barb:

It's hard to believe we BetterU participants are in our 8th week. So far so good, and I'm enjoying the challenge. In addition to the group participation, I have been walking a mile and one/half every day on the treadmill when I go to the gym (which is 3 or 4 times a week). I take my new shuffle (?) which my twin granddaughters gave me for my birthday and it makes the time on the treadmill more enjoyable. In addition to losing around 6 lbs., when I measure my blood pressure on my own digital blood pressure kit, the numbers are much lower. I've always been told more activity and losing weight would help to lower one's blood pressure. Now I'm a believer!

Do hope all of the BetterU participants are making gains toward their individual goals.

Thanks to Lisa for her encouragement and helpful hints and suggestions via the telephone conference calls on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. I intend to keep working hard at improving my heart and overall health. Best wishes and good luck to all.
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment