Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Continuing the Training Process

Roseann:

I ran yesterday and my time was off by only 3 seconds! I ran/walked/jogged the 5K in 28 min and 45 seconds. I think I did fantastic considering, I stopped more frequently to walk. I didn’t run until I couldn’t anymore, I ran a little, walked a little. I listened closely to my body, and when my heart rate went up, I made sure that I didn’t get short of breath, or dizzy, I walked when I felt it was going too fast. I was very sore at the beginning of the run, I was worried that my legs and feet were going to get worse, but after a while, I didn’t even notice them. I do know now though, why my feet and ankles hurt so much after the first run. Running on the road, on the side of the road, I am running while trying not to twist or turn my ankle on the various size rocks and gravel. I guess, once I have been running for a while, my feet and ankles will get stronger. But I love running outside in the country where I live, it is so beautiful, that you just can’t get that kind of experience running in a gym or on a treadmill. Ran with my dog today, which didn’t impede my time, but felt bad when he wanted to pee at every tree and mailbox! LOL

I went over on my food today, in spite of choosing a healthier dinner at Barbagello’s. It’s ok, one day is not going to be detrimental to my overall program. Besides, the apple pie was delicious!

Not sure what today holds. Have a busy day with a visit to the hospital. Will do my best to move as much as I possibly can.

Had a great conference call with lots of my fellow lady challengers. It was great. Thanks Lisa. Look forward to our ARC race in September, and all the new challenges we will be working towards in our lives.

What new challenges have you begun?

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment