Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Falling into a Funk

Roseann:

I am starting to feel my own funk these past couple of days. Monday afternoon, after working out in the yard all day, I became really tired. So much that I took an evening nap. It really messed with my circadian rhythm, because yesterday, I had no motivation to do anything. My granddaughter helped save the day though, because I had to babysit her yesterday afternoon until about 2 this morning. She kept me busy! Very busy! That girl just does not stop! She turned 10 months old today, and I bet she will be walking on her own before she turns a year old!

I feel slightly better today. I was able to accomplish a couple of tasks this morning, which made me feel better. I hadn’t worn my pedometer for a couple of days, but made sure to put it on today. I had to run my daughter and granddaughter to the doctors today, so that put a kabosh on any early exercise plans. Today is pay day for my hubby, so we always go shopping, so that will be good to at least do some store walking this afternoon. Every step counts toward burning calories, even if it is at a slow pace. I am thinking about going for a bike ride today if weather permits (It’s pouring right now as I type). If I can't do that, then maybe at least going for a walk with my dog. Believe me, my walks will get your heart rate up. I don’t walk slow, and my sheltie, he paces just as fast as I do, so it will be good exercise.

I have to admit, that I have been very energetic until this week. I don’t know why. I have been eating great, but my exercise has fallen off. Hoping this is just a temporary lull, and that I will be back on track soon. Almost feel as if I am entering into a mini depression. Sometimes this happens, and this was my worst fear. Because most of the time, when I hit this, it means the end of whatever good I was doing for myself. But, I am determined to not let this be the case. I have a lot of support, and will lean on them heavily the next few days, to get myself out of this funk. Also, trying to help my daughter who is suffering from her own depression. I am trying to get her to exercise, knowing it will help her. She hasn’t come with me yet, but hoping that she will soon. I know it will help her, and help me also to feel better. But I won’t wait for her, I need to get back on track. It’s funny, writing this blog, helps me feel a little better already. I am grateful that I have this blog, it is cathartic! Wish me luck, and keep up the cheerleading, we all need it!

Hoping you are all doing well.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment