Friday, August 24, 2012

Running Carefully and Enjoying Changes

Roseann:

Well, I discovered why they suggest not to run two days in a row. I ran again today, and my left lower leg was very tight. I don’t want to injure it again, even though it is tight up in the front shin, not the side, it is still close to where the previous injury was. But in spite of the discomfort, I ran really well. I jogged my 5K in 29 min and 12 seconds. I knew I did well yesterday!

I loved what Beth said a couple days ago about our clothes being too big. I too have had to resort to using belts. I am looking forward to getting down to the size I want to be, so I can buy cute clothes. No more having to wear clothes that cover my belly, or hide my body so that I can’t see it. No more settling for what hides, but soon, I will buy it because I like it! And some day, everything will look good!

But that is not as important as the changes going on inside of me. Knowing that my cardiovascular status is improving, and that every day I exercise, makes me healthier, and lessens my risk of heart disease, is priceless. It’s all worth the work!

I look forward to a weekend with family, resting, relaxing, and taking care of my heart.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment