Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Lower Numbers and Taking Advantage of the Weather

Roseann:

Yesterday was a good day. Not too eventful, I did gardening for about 3 hours in the late morning, and then went to my husband’s doctor appointment. And guess what, you got it, his numbers were better! Unfortunately, his cholesterol is still not low enough to avoid beginning a statin, but his A1C was lower than it has been in a long time! So, the changes in my diet have been effecting him too. That made me so happy! We went shopping and walked around the stores, and I would love to tell you how many steps I walked, but my pedometer fell off last night and reset itself, so I have no idea how many steps I took. But I know that I kept moving all day and that is the key.

I continue to do very well on my diet. If today is as beautiful as it was yesterday, I will be outside for most of the day doing yardwork. And maybe I can convince my husband to ride bikes this afternoon. If his back is still hurting, I will go alone, or walk the dog. I just want to take as much advantage as I can of this absolutely gorgeous weather!

Kind of funny, there is one drawback to losing weight and inches. Yesterday my husband was picking on me and saying that my capris were getting so baggy, that it looked as if I didn’t have any buttocks! That made me laugh, and feel good too. And as a woman, even though I am not great at finding bargains, I look forward to shopping for a new wardrobe! I feel like a kid just starting school, by the time I go back to work in September, I will need new clothes too!

Hope you too are getting out there and moving in this beautiful summer weather.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment