Friday, August 3, 2012

The Funk Has Lifted

Roseann:

It has been a wonderful two days. As you read from my previous post, I was in a funk all this week. I felt unmotivated and felt a lack of energy. Lisa Cavallaro and I discussed that during our conference call yesterday. It was cathartic to be open and honest, and know that what I was feeling and thinking could be changed. Not by anyone else, but by me. I have the power to change my thoughts and the feelings will follow. I and the other 10 ladies in the Better U program have so much to be proud of. We have taken the steps to better ourselves, not just outwardly with our physical bodies, but inside too. We are becoming not just heart healthier, but we are also learning to love ourselves, take pride in what we have accomplished, and to change our thoughts and feelings from the negative and self critical ones, to positive and uplifting thoughts. We have all had our good times and our bad times in this journey, and even though we have come half way through, and will have completed the BetterU program in 6 more weeks, our journey into our new heart healthy life has just begun. This is not the halfway point to the end ladies, it is just the beginning to our new lives.

For me, getting through this funk and not giving up has been amazing. I have never reached this pinnacle, and kept on, I have always given up. Not now! With the love and support from you ladies, the readers of this blog, friends and family, the staff of the AHA, Golds, and St. Joseph’s, there is nothing that I can’t do. I feel so proud of myself, as well as all of you, that we have done so well. It doesn’t matter what the change is in you, celebrate it, feel good that you have had the courage to step on the scales, to measure your waist, to go to the classes and sweat bullets, to feel the burn, and to do what you have never done before, because you are magnificent and powerful women, and I am so proud of all of us!

Anna and I had the privilege of going to the 93Q radio station, and being with Ted and Amy this morning to discuss our success in the Better U program. It was unfortunate that we didn’t have enough time to talk about all that we have learned and experienced. There is so much! From all the information we learned about nutrition, from reading labels, to portion sizes, to learning about carbs, proteins, fats, sodium, and cholesterol, and all the good and bad that is associated with each of these. We have discovered the potential of what our bodies are capable of doing when we get out there and move, in all different ways, with so many forms of exercise from walking to running, from free weights to resistance bands. I know that many of us have already begun to share what we have learned thus far. Keep spreading the news!

For those of you who haven’t yet begun, please consider starting your own Better U program. Just copy and paste this http://www.goredforwomen.org/betteru into your browser, and get started on your Better U!

A thought came to me while I was driving home from Gold’s today. I have given blood as often as I can, and recently, have not been able to give the past couple of times because my iron was so low. I wonder what my iron is now? I betcha, with the changes thus far, my iron is even better. I can’t wait to have more bloodwork done, and maybe there will be a blood drive soon, so I can see if the changes are as obvious inside as they are on the outside!

Stepped on those scales, (I’m not afraid to anymore, the scales are no longer my enemy, but a tool) and I lost another 2 pounds. 16 total since I started this program. It has been a very good day today!
Wishing you all a very exciting, and healthful day!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment