Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shopping as a Breakthrough

Beth:

Today, I experienced a major breakthrough! No, seriously, I did something today that I haven’t done in 9 years. Something I’ve WANTED to do but couldn’t! Something that makes me so HAPPY but will certainly cause a strain on my wallet! I went clothes shopping in Ann Taylor Loft! Now, many of you are thinking, ‘So what? I shop there every day!’ Well, I have been a size 1x or 16w for 8-9 years so my shopping is limited to stores that carry plus sizes (yuck – I hate that term – plus size!). The selection is always limited and quite honestly, kind of old-ladyish! But I bought two new adorable tops today that fit me like a glove.

You don’t know me personally, but I LOVE to shop. Retail therapy is like a religion to me. So opening this new door is like nirvana! Not to mention, it’s so motivating!

As of yesterday, I am down 25 pounds; only 5 pounds away from my goal of 30 pounds. I am not stopping there. I will adjust my goal and then focus on 40 pounds. Wow – if I were 40 pounds lighter for my cruise in November, I could actually wear a bathing suit without feeling uncomfortable. But wait…does any woman wear a bathing suit and feel comfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment