Friday, June 29, 2012

What Does Not Kill You Only Makes You Stronger

Tecora:

Finished doing the group kick. The trainer says that class burns 800 calories in hour. I believe it. I couldn't hardly breath right the entire time. What does not kill you only makes you stronger. I got through it. :) Now on the treadmill for a half!


Beth:

Day three and still doing great! I enjoyed an hour-long Zumba class today noon. It was specifically geared towards active adults (seniors) and beginners. I'm a beginner - that's for sure! It was a great workout!

I am hoping to connect with the program's nutritionist soon as I am struggling with some dietary issues. What kind of salad dressing is best? How can I increase protein and still watch sodium intake and foods high in cholesterol ? I ate what I thought was a very balanced diet today. I succeeded in keeping my calories down, but my carbs were high. I've cut out all white starches which was recommended by the cardiologist but even foods like yogurt and Special K cereal are keeping me from decreasing carbs overall. It's frustrating but I remind myself that I'm still only in week one - lots of time to learn and adjust!

This weekend will be a struggle as we are out of town and eating out a lot...I'm committed to making good choices though. Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment