Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The First Day of the Rest of My Life

Meet Beth Savicki:

OK, this is it! This morning is my first meeting with Sonja - my personal trainer - at Gold's Gym. I am super nervous! This is my opportunity to make a major lifestyle change - one that will benefit everyone I love including ME. I want to live to see my great-grandkids but the path I am on is not headed in that direction. My Mom is such a positive person in my life and I want to be that for my daughter for many, many, many years!

I'm 37 years old and married to my college sweetheart. We've been very happily married for 12 years and he's my everything. Every single day, he tells me that I'm the most beautiful woman in the world. That's wonderful, but not exactly a driving force to encourage me to get healthy!

He's 150% supportive of my choice to get involved with Better U and will be participating as well. Sure, it's a program for women but heart-healthy is heart-healthy, right?!

Wish me luck as I take on this lifestyle change. Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Cliche, I know, but appropriate none-the-less!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, heart-healthy is heart-healthy! Kudos to you Beth for being a great example for your husband!

    ReplyDelete