Thursday, June 28, 2012

How Technology Can Help You Get Healthy

Beth:

I want to use my blog today to talk about a fabulous mobile app we are using called My Fitness Pal. It's totally free and is fabulous! My comrades on this journey - the other ten women participating in in the BetterU program - are all using this app to not only track our daily diets, but also our daily exercise program. It's a godsend! We are able to share our progress and talk about our goals, successes, questions and support.

Research shows that exercising and dieting with a friend and moral support is more effective. That is crystal clear even after a few days. Knowing that I am meeting one of my fellow challengers at the gym gives me the extra 'nudge' I need to get there!

So far - so good! I am enjoying this journey and am very thankful for the awesome technology available to us and we strive for a healthy lifestyle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment