Monday, June 25, 2012

Getting Started: Anna Jorgensen

Another challenger is already making progress. Meet Anna Jorgensen:
Day 1

First decision you need to make is that you want a better you! For me I want to lower my cholesterol and my BMI so I can be healthier.

Sounds good but what am I doing to get there?? Well, I started using the myfitnesspal program to log all of my food. This has really helped me stay on track for calories, and monitor my sodium and cholesterol. I recently discover that 2400 grams of sodium was too much and need to stay below 1500 to lose weight. I know it may sound hard to use but the program is very easy and friendly. Trust me, because I am technically challenged. Seriously, if I wasn’t blessed with a teenage daughter I wouldn’t be able to do much. So if I can do it everyone can do it! Monitoring calories isn’t enough to be healthy and instead of doing the math in your head this app does it for you. Well that sounds like an advertisement, sorry guys this is my first blog!

Today I am going to the gym to do 30 minutes on the elliptical and then 30 minutes of weight lifting. Trust me this is a challenge for me as I am NOT someone who loves to exercise and I love to eat. It helps though to have someone to go to the gym with. I always go with my daughter Erin, or my neighbor Sue. Having someone to talk with makes it more fun and the time passes quickly. When you first start going to the gym it doesn’t have to be for hours. Even thirty minutes is better than nothing! Baby steps add up. If you do 30 mins twice a week then maybe three times the next week, you are doing exponentially better than no exercise at all.

Here’s to a better U! 

No comments:

Post a Comment