Thursday, June 28, 2012

Powering Through "Murphy's Law"

Anna:

Yesterday was my "Murphy's law" day meaning that "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong". I had good intentions of getting up and going to spin class with my daughter and lifting weights but one thing after another prevented that from happening. It was discouraging but I need to remind myself that this will happen from time to time and not to beat myself up about it. So since I didn't work out what did I do?

I cooked chicken! Yes, you can feel free to laugh but I cooked chicken, cut it up and measured it with a food scale and then put it into containers. Why go thru all this you may ask? For me it helps me with my portion control so I know that each container is one serving and that I can know how much I am eating and help me stay on track. I also did the same thing with snacks. It is just one more step to help me reach my goal and stay on track. I now need to put some of these healthy snack options in my car so when I am doing the mom route-bank, dry cleaners, gas station, car wash, grocery store, ...I will have something healthy to eat.

I am thankful for being in the program for pushing me to stay on track. I am also thankful for the new friendships and all the encouragement from friends, neighbors and fellow Better U participants! You are keeping me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment