Friday, September 21, 2012

The Challenge is Over, but Not the Journey

Roseann:

This has been a remarkable journey. Even though it has ended, the magnificent and life-altering changes continue! I saw Dr. Iqbal yesterday, and she was just blown away by the difference in just 12 weeks! Not only did I lose 29 pounds, and 5 inches off of my waist, but I made changes on the inside. Life saving changes!

My total cholesterol went from 252 to 187. My LDL (bad) went from 191 to 134. My HDL (good) didn’t improve a lot, but it improved, from 33 to 35. My triglycerides went from 142 to 89!! My blood pressure was 128/80 on my R arm, and 118/78 on my left arm. It was 132/88 12 weeks ago. Every number was improved, some more than others, but EVERY ONE was improved!

I was so happy after I left her office that I called up my husband as I got into my car, and with tears of joy, told him the great news. I will not stop here, though, I have more goals to attain. I want to improve my numbers even more, and I have a weight loss goal that I have not reached as of yet. I am hoping to be closer to it, if not having attained it, by the luncheon on November 1st. I hope to see many of you there!
Then to top off the night, I went to the Handbags Helping Hearts, and got to spend a fun evening with my fellow challengers, treated myself to a glass of wine, and yes, I actually stayed within my caloric goals! I had my wine and drank it too! I deserved it! It was wonderful to see my fellow participants, and I look forward to seeing everyone at the luncheon, and hearing their phenomenal stories.

I hope that our stories have inspired and empowered you to start your journey towards heart health!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment