Thursday, September 13, 2012

Making the Better Choice on a Splurge

Roseann:

I was naughty yesterday, I had Walmart popcorn chicken for dinner! But, I must say, when I looked at my choices, I did choose well. I was caught between the honey barbeque boneless and the popcorn, and I am so glad for what I chose! The popcorn chicken is 170 calories per serving (12 pieces), where the honey barbeque is 450 calories per serving (5 pieces)! I had no idea until I looked it up. Now that I know, if I ever decide to splurge again (due to late night, and not a lot of time or energy to cook), I will definitely choose the popcorn chicken! I stayed within my calorie range yesterday, although my sodium has been high this week, due to the soups I am having for lunch. I have chosen to eat the Campbell’s Healthy Request, which is the healthiest choice besides home made, but still fairly high in sodium per serving. Grateful that I do not have a real issue with blood pressure, as the sodium is not good for high blood pressure, but even us healthy people need to watch our sodium intake.

Just hard to believe that this is our last week. These 12 weeks have just flown by. As they say, “time flies when you’re having fun”, it is so true! I have had such a good time, have learned so much, lost so much (weight), and gained so much (knowledge and empowerment)! I will forever be grateful.

Ran only 2 miles yesterday, as I seemed to be a little tired (I contribute it to working now, and not being used to getting up so early), and it was very warm out on the track. But I did good, ran the 2 miles in 23 minutes, and then walked 1/2 mile to cool down. I was so glad though to be back running. Today I will go to Planet Fitness and do some well needed strength training.

I set up my labwork, and appointment with Dr. Igbal, can’t wait to find out my numbers! I am so looking forward to seeing her, and showing off the changes I have made. For those of you going to the luncheon, I plan on seeing my primary doctor in October, and hopefully, I will have even more phenomenal numbers and changes in November!

What are you grateful for today, and what changes are you making in your life?

Wishing you all Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment