Thursday, September 6, 2012

Positive Reinforcement and Influencing Others

Roseann:

It was another great day with other coworkers giving their support and compliments. I am starting to get a swelled head! LOL It really is nice to have this affirmation. Humbling, and yet, it feels so good, and brings such pride for the hard work! I even had a teacher stop by and ask me about the program, and discuss how important it is for her to get started on losing weight! So cool!

My IT (Internet Technology) guy came in yesterday to show me his lunch. He is a diabetic, and we have spoken several times about changing eating habits, and losing weight. I was so proud of him, as he chose a very healthy salad and fruit. Much better then the lunch with two of those large cookies on Tuesday! So, I AM influencing others. This is very cool!

I ran after work on Tuesday. I ran the track at school, and it was different than running here on the road at home, so I only was able to run 2 miles, as it was hot and muggy, and my body needed to adjust to the different terrain. I will be running again today. I went to Planet Fitness after work yesterday, and it felt so good! I have had to increase the weights as I have become stronger, which is a great thing. As well as having to increase the level on the machines, as I need more of a workout to bring my heart rate up. I am noticing some very important and healthy changes. Can’t wait to find out about my numbers!!

If anyone is out in Liverpool Saturday morning, please come and cheer our BetterU participants on, as we walk the ARC race at Long Branch Park. We would love to see you there!

Hoping you are making excellent choices with your heart health!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment