Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Achieving a Personal Goal

Roseann:

Ran on the track today, and was able to get up to 2.5 miles! 10 times around the track. Phew! Going to keep working on going farther, getting to 3 miles, then going to work on decreasing my time each time I run. I can’t believe how much fun I am having running! I moved as much as I could at work, and felt good about my accomplishments yesterday.

Won’t be doing much after work today, as John and I have a meeting to go to, so right after school, I am going to rush home, and walk or run with the dog a little bit at home, then do some weights before I have to go to the meeting. Don’t want to sweat too much and be stinky, but do want to get some exercise in, so I will do “something” today.

Something that not many people know, I wanted to share. Before I end this journey, I wanted to let you all know about something very personal. One of my most intimate and personal goals, that I have not expressed to that many, is something that was so very important to me for many years. Not long after I was married, I began to gain weight, and it wasn’t long before I was unable to wear my wedding band. I hadn’t worn it for many, many years. I was concerned that I would not be able to get it re-sized because of the type of band it is. So, I procrastinated, and wished, but never could fit it on my finger. Well, guess what is on my left ring finger. Yes, my wedding band. It may not seem an important goal, not as important as changing my numbers, and preventing heart disease, heart attack, and stroke. But it is these little goals, that make me feel so good about what I have done, and will continue to do. It is these little blessings, that make life so precious, and my effort to live a longer, healthier life, so that I can share many, many years with the man I love, so much worth the effort.

I hope that you too, are making goals, that not only will save your life, but reward you in so many other special, personal, and sentimental ways.

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment