Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Healthy Choices

Roseann:

Yesterday was an awesome day! There were so many reasons to be proud of myself, and relish in my hard work.

First, there were so many compliments yesterday about how good I looked! So many people had noticed my weight loss. It was such a positive validation.

Then, the food choices. Every superintendent's day, our administration treats us to breakfast and lunch, on the first day. Well, they don't exactly offer the healthy choices. There on the table, was a huge assortment of baked goods. I was aware that this would happen, so I saved up some morning calories and treated myself to a glazed donut, which was the healthiest choice there! Then at lunch, they treated us to coldcut sandwiches, salads, chips, cookies, fruit, soda, and water. Well, I chose to have the turkey without the bun, I chose the tossed salad instead of the pasta salad, I grabbed an apple instead of chips and cookies, and I had water instead of soda. Previously, my choices would have been different, but not now! I made some very healthy choices, and my coworkers noticed. I hope that this will influence them also, to make healthy choices.

Then, there was the shoe wear! I haven’t worn anything but flats for a long time due to the cramping I would get if I tried to wear anything with a heel. Well, yesterday I wore healed clogs, and not once did I cramp!! I not only will be able to wear pretty clothes again, but now, I can wear all my pretty heeled shoes again!

Then, we had an awesome conference call. We got to help one of our challengers, and encourage her, as much as she inspires us, and we had a lot of laughs too.

I am so grateful that I have begun this lifelong journey, and look forward to living a heart healthy life!

Healthy Blessings,
Roseann

No comments:

Post a Comment